This solution integrates a rich document viewer for pdf formats, specifically suited to magazines and other high quality printed publications. The display provides a vivid and real experience when reading the documents stored in the repository. The module is compatible with Dspace 3, 4 5 and 6, XMLUI.
The implementation of the module is done with specific technical adjustments to the ingest and visualization systems of DSpace, with the purpose of minimizing the impact on the repository operative, reducing the answering times while visualizing and adapting the display to the possible entry formats,(pdf, office).
The conversion engine converts automatically the digital objects, pdf, and office documents among others, and permits three visualization modes, HTML5, Flash and HTML allowing to get the maximum of audience and of reading devices.
The system can be configured in order to be able to restrain the loading and printing of the contents, in repositories with specific characteristics of diffusion / restriction of the contents. The publishing software splits your PDF document into smaller parts and optimizes your online publication to speed up loading even with very large PDF documents.
Where is it working?
Version 1.3 (December 2016)
- Compatibility with Dspace 6 (XMLUI)
- Very Large documents handling
Version 1.2 (August 2015)
- Mobile devices viewer (tablets and Android)
- Compatibility with Dspace 5 (XMLUI)
Version 1.1 (January 2015)
- Curation tasks for automatic pdf generation from multiple formats
- Full text searaching on viewed documents
- Compatibility with Dspace 4 (XMLUI)
Version 1.0 (January 2014)
- Flipbook mode
- Printing Mode enabled-disabled
- Compatibility with Dspace 1.8 y 3 (XMLUI)